अपराध की सूचना किसे और कहाँ

As per section 154 Cr.P.C. a Police Officer is duty bound to register a cognizable offence when reported by any person. The offence can be reported:-

  • By submitting in writing the details of offence either personally or through post
  • By narrating orally to officer in-charge of Police station
  • By informing through telephone
  • The offence should be reported to officer incharge of a police station as far as possible but can be reported to MHC. If these officials refuse to register an offence a person can approach Supervisory Officer of police station or Supdt. of Police of the district
  • Copies of FIR's are given free of cost
  • Insist on claiming your FIR Copy immediately after registration of a case
  • A Criminal case (FIR) can be registered only in the event of a cognizable offence